The Library welcomes local artists as exhibitors in the Children's Library, the Hayes Room, the Karen Kitzmiller Room (one the 2nd floor), and the Frances Holmes Room (on the 1st floor). Exhibits are generally one to two month(s) long. A longer exhibition time may be requested with the understanding that it may not be honored. Please examine this agreement carefully. Should your proposal be accepted, you will need to sign a paper copy of this agreement in person at the library before displaying your artwork. Artists interested in exhibiting must provide:
- Three or more photographs of the work they wish to display.
- A brief (200 words or less) description of their work and/or the proposed exhibit.
Accepted file formats include pdf, doc, docx, odt, jpg, and png.Limitations
- We can only accept artwork that can be hanged. We cannot accept sculptures, videos, or sound art at this time.
Display methods must be approved in advance by the library staff.
- All work must be hung from the picture rails.
- Nails or adhesive are not permitted in the walls. Please check with staff before affixing labels.
- No library furniture may be moved to accommodate art work.
- No art-making of any kind at the library.
- Installations may not be scheduled on summer Saturdays.
- No alcohol permitted at receptions.
- Creating and disseminating invitations, flyers or posters for the exhibit.
- Ensuring that all work is suitably framed for hanging.
- Providing hanging supplies and manpower required to hang the work.
- Provide the library with information on the exhibit and the date of the exhibit.
- Sending us or posting a publicity poster for the library bulletin board.
- Sending us a press release of the event, if desired.
- Booking a meeting room should you wish to have a reception.
- Assuming all security/ liability*
*Exhibits are open during regular library hours, when members of the library staff are on duty nearby. Because it is a public building, the Kellogg-Hubbard Library cannot be responsible in the event of damage or loss to items exhibited or injury during installation or participation in the exhibit.
A 10% commission on all artwork sold must be given to the Kellogg-Hubbard Library. We gratefully accept additional proceeds from the sale of artworks.Please allow us at least three weeks to review your proposal. Also, please note that we schedule exhibits on a rolling, year-round basis; therefore, requests to show during specific months may not be possible.Thank you for your interest in showing your art at Kellogg-Hubbard Library.