Thank you, and we look forward to reviewing your work!
The Kellogg-Hubbard Library invites Vermont poets, writers and artists to submit proposals for public events for PoemCity 2019, a citywide event, now in its ninth year, that displays poetry on local business storefronts throughout April as a way to celebrate National Poetry Month.
Along with displayed poems, PoemCity will also offer poetry workshops, public readings, panel discussions, and visual poetry and art displays throughout downtown. The month-long schedule of events and programming is free and open to the public.
The Library welcomes proposals for events in April 2019. All poetry-related topics and activities are of interest. Poets, teachers, artists, musicians, editors and historians of poetry are encouraged to submit proposals in their fields of expertise. Past events have included writers’ workshops, musical settings of poetry with live accompanists, presentations on the construction and marketing of chapbooks, workshops on improving recitation skills, and of course readings and Q&A sessions with Vermont poets.
Please submit a short professional bio, together with:
- a description of the proposed event
- anticipated age of audience (e.g. grade-school-oriented, youth-oriented, all ages)
- any materials required (e.g. tables for attendees, AV equipment)
- any limits on audience size (for interactive activities)
- any requirements anticipated for the event space
- date proposed or dates not available, if applicable
- Events should be planned to last one to one-and-a-half hours.
Compensation for mileage traveled may be available for readings and presentations.
Please submit proposals as MS Word documents using Submittable, at kellogghubbardlibrary.submittable.com, by November 22, 2018.
Questions? Contact Rachel Senechal at email@example.com.
Artists interested in exhibiting must provide:
- Three or more photographs of the work they wish to display.
- A brief (200 words or less) description of their work and/or the proposed exhibit.
- We can only accept artwork that can be hanged. We cannot accept sculptures, videos, or sound art at this time.
Display methods must be approved in advance by the library staff.
- All work must be hung from the picture rails.
- Nails or adhesive are not permitted in the walls. Please check with staff before affixing labels.
- No library furniture may be moved to accommodate art work.
- No art-making of any kind at the library.
- Installations may not be scheduled on summer Saturdays.
- No alcohol permitted at receptions.
- Creating and disseminating invitations, flyers or posters for the exhibit.
- Ensuring that all work is suitably framed for hanging.
- Providing hanging supplies and manpower required to hang the work.
- Provide the library with information on the exhibit and the date of the exhibit.
- Sending us or posting a publicity poster for the library bulletin board.
- Sending us a press release of the event, if desired.
- Booking a meeting room should you wish to have a reception.
- Assuming all security/ liability*
A 10% commission on all artwork sold must be given to the Kellogg-Hubbard Library. We gratefully accept additional proceeds from the sale of artworks.
Please allow us at least three weeks to review your proposal. Also, please note that we schedule exhibits on a rolling, year-round basis; therefore, requests to show during specific months may not be possible.
Thank you for your interest in showing your art at Kellogg-Hubbard Library.